1. Music videos through history
2. Chapter 6 in Digital Overdrive
1. YEAR 3 TECH: Music videos over the last 3 decades
Check out the technology used in this music video. You need to open it in Google Chrome. It uses HTML 5.
Also, please take a look at the history of music videos - which began in the 1980s with MTV. According to U.S. Time magazine, these are the best 30 music videos of all time.
Here is another "Best 30 Music Videos of All Time" by Music Radar
These seem a little more underground. Also more contemporary. Check them out as well.
Check out #22 Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar for some amazing editing and perfect sync-ing.
Take a look through both the Arcade Fire video and the article on the 30 best music videos. Watch a minimum of 9 of the videos and read the summaries below - making sure you watch at least 2 per decade. There are 10 per decade in the article.
FIRST Write a blog post...
1. Summarizing your thoughts, opinions and inspiration from the 9 videos you watched.
2. Which ones do you consider works of art in their own right? and Why? Note: The first video - Talking Heads "Once in a Lifetime" was exhibited in New York's Museum of Modern Art.
3. Also, comment on the types of changes you noticed through the decades. (Lighting, editing, sophistication, pace etc.)
4. How does the Arcade Fire video compare to the earlier decades?
5. What's next in music videos in your opinion?
Embed one video (the ones you find the most compelling, artistically) into your blog post
1. Comment on the pacing, artistic style, lighting and artistic intent/meaning of the posted video.
2. How does this video visually express the emotional theme of the music? Look at specific imagery, pace, style, lighting as well as cinematography (composition of the shots).
2. YEAR 3 TECH: Chapter 6 in Digital Overdrive
Finish this assignment and then move on the following chapters in Digital Overdrive
Click HERE or Go to www.clouddoi.com
Click on Existing User - Find your school - Lakeshore
User name - lakeshore
password - lci2016! (don't forget the ! )
You will need to review the following chapters and complete the tests at the end of each section. Put in your own email address and the results will be emailed to you. Once you receive the email, forward the results to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
And/or you can create your own account by logging in.
Chapter 6 - Intro to Cinematography
Rules of Cinematography
After completing all three sections, complete the review questions for the chapter.
We will be reviewing some of the key points on Monday. Please make sure you complete all of this by Thursday Oct 27th